5 Resources to Learn About a School or Neighborhood
The number one thing that I get told by buyers and renters is that they want to live in a good neighborhood or that they want their kids to go to good schools. Guess what? We can’t give that kind of advice. What I can do though is help you make that decision by giving you the resources and the tools to make a decision. So below you will find the resources that can help you make an informed decision.
- Google Maps – you might wonder how this will help, but by using street view you can take a “drive” around the neighborhood without ever leaving your home. You can also use google maps to map your drive to and from work. Just keep traffic in mind when using it for this. It is always recommended that you actually make the drive during the time you would have to commute so you know exactly what traffic patterns look like.
- Great Schools – While this is a great resource. It could also be good to visit the school, schedule a meeting with the school or even have your child attend a day of class if the school will allow that.
- Virginia Beach http://www.greatschools.org/virginia/virginia-beach/va-beach-city-public-schools/
- Chesapeake http://www.greatschools.org/virginia/chesapeake/chesapeake-public-schools/
- Norfolk http://www.greatschools.org/virginia/norfolk/norfolk-city-public-schools/
- Portsmouth http://www.greatschools.org/virginia/portsmouth/portsmouth-city-public-schools/
- Suffolk http://www.greatschools.org/virginia/suffolk/suffolk-city-public-schools/
- Hampton http://www.greatschools.org/virginia/hampton/hampton-city-public-schools/
- School Digger – School digger is a pretty awesome website because it gives so much information about the school that may be important to you. https://www.schooldigger.com/
- Virginia Department of Education Report Cards – This gives all kinds of information that you may find useful about demographics and test scores. https://p1pe.doe.virginia.gov/reportcard/
- Neighborhood Scout – another great resource although you do have to pay for some of the features. https://www.neighborhoodscout.com/reports/24649464/#overview
Have additional questions or need any help buying or selling a home?
If you would like additional information, please reach out to me on social media or fill out the contact form!